Friday, February 16, 2024

Rattling Solo Exhibition

Rattling Solo Exhibition at Sala Diaz

on view through February 23, 2024


Rattling examines the roles of ritual, creativity, and play in the healing process. Like the

segments of a serpent’s rattle, this body of work serves as a record of growth and

evidence of transformation. It makes the inner work of healing visible. This project was

made possible with the support of the City of San Antonio’s Department of Arts &

Culture.


A Rattling Invitation-

Beyond the threshold of this tiny house,

this witch’s cottage,

another world awaits.

Come in.

My spells hang in the air,

my shape shifts,

I move from material to immaterial, and back again.

Come in.

I travel on the serpent’s back, the healing path.

She showed me how to rattle.

Let me show you.

Come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment