Sunday, February 11, 2018

"A Woman's Place Is..." at Centro de Artes


photo by Alma Hernandez


I created six pieces that came together for this installation at Centro de Artes in 2017. The multi-generational, all Latina exhibition entitled, "A Woman's Place Is..." was curated by Kathy Vargas. It was an honor to exhibit in this space with these women. Elda Silva of San Antonio Express News did a wonderful write up on the show. Please click on the link below to read more about it.


Mother, Artist, Wife, Teacher, Bruja, Quiet and Still
2017
mixed media installation

This body of work explores the different roles I play as a woman and how I protect, nurture, and honor my true self while tending to those duties. I find it crucial to find a sacred place within myself in which I can rest and regenerate. I am Mother, Artist, Wife, Teacher, and Bruja. I take this responsibilities seriously and fulfill them with great devotion; however, this often leaves me depleted. I need time and space to be quiet and still. I require it. And I deserve it.




No comments:

Post a Comment