Monday, February 15, 2016

Upcoming Solo Show at Provenance Gallery

I've been pouring all of my efforts of late into an upcoming solo show at Provenance Gallery opening Saturday, March 12th. I am continuing with bizarre, metacognitive work exposing my artistic process of decoding dream symbols. The show is called Devil's Trumpet.

Datura, also known as Devil's Trumpet, is a highly toxic night-blooming flower that, if ingested, causes a state of delirium. Myths exist in multiple cultures in which the personified Datura plant aids people through dreams and visions.

I first became fascinated with this plant after purchasing one from a local flea market. I began to research some basic plant facts to better tend to it and discovered a symbolic connection to my current artwork. Here are some images of my favorite garden creature. You can see why I'm inspired and completely smitten…

 Datura metel aka Devil's Trumpet opening just after sundown

Devil's Trumpet seedpod

No comments:

Post a Comment