Sunday, November 2, 2014

I've Made My Home

I've Made My Home
wasp nests, yarn, paper, ink
2014

I have observed the life cycle of paper wasps as they form their nests around my home. The careful precision of the queen when choosing a location and building her nest is remarkable. Every fall, the wasps die and the nests are left for me to collect. I have filled each empty chamber of these abandoned nests with a tiny roll of paper. The rolls state reasons why San Antonio, Texas was the ideal place for me to build my family and home.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have a collection of these empty nests. I can't stop!

      Delete
  2. That is really beautiful. The whole idea makes my heart happy. It's just so lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm so glad to hear that.

    ReplyDelete